After about 30 attempts I managed to successfully print a nice case for my Raspberry Pi. It’s the Snap Fit Case.
I have tried so many times to print this but it always failed and I was very frustrated. The little stand part on the left-front would always eventually slip off the base plate and ruin the print. Sometimes only after 15 mins of printing.
I posted on Reddit and Facebook a few times and did a lot of research. In the end I got it to work by:
- Printing at half the original speed – especially the initial layer (set to about 15)
- Enable Raft and Supports
- Apply sugar water and a squirt of hairspray
- Flip the Creality print bed and print on the back of it
As you can see in the time-lapse video above the print was successful. In fact, it finished sooner than I expected. (And sooner than Octoprint expected).
After all this I’m very happy to finally have my case printed successfully. I’ve learned a lot but I know I have a long way to go. Next is getting the camera to be recognised by Octoprint, then printing a case and mount for it.