Vinny has let the cat out of the bag, so to speak. The Commodore 64 game I was developing is called Toxic Frenzy! It’s based on a Game and Watch game called “Oil Panic“. In this one, however, it’s toxic waste liquid you’re catching in a bucket. Drop it into the barrel carried by the man below and don’t spill it on the customers waiting outside.
Monthly Archives: October 2020
This is a mini diary of learning 6502 Assembler programming for Commodore 64. It’s actually been a couple of weeks since I started this so will only have some short summaries I can remember and what I can gather from the Commit history of my code to Github.
The Github repository for my game was created on September 19, 2020. But the first commit with any meat was on:
September 22, 2020
Commit comments : “Added libs, charset, sprites and koala image”.
The ‘libs’ used are the ones by Derek Morris. He created them while writing his book and has provided them to the community. I actually copied them from Mike Richmond’s Vegetables Deluxe code he shared with me. I later found out he had commented out code in the libs he didn’t use. I had to un-comment them once I found they were not working 😀